I have begun offering one-on-one peer advisement sessions to help those who think they may have a pornography addiction, know they have one, or are the loved one of a porn addict seeking advice. If you’d like to learn more about this service, visit Porn Addict Support
- Pornography Addict for 25 years; Alcohol Addict for 21 years
- In Recovery and Relapse-Free since March 2014
- Alcohol Rehabilitation at Spencer Recovery Center, Palm Springs, Calif., March-June 2014 (including internship and group facilitation)
- Sex/Porn Addiction Rehabilitation at Sante Center for Healing, Argyle, Texas, May-July 2015
- Author, The Addiction Nobody Will Talk About: How I Let My Pornography Addiction Hurt People and Destroy Relationships
- Contributor of Sex/Porn Addiction Recovery Articles for TheFix.com and Recovery Today magazine
- Currently Working on Second Book Geared Toward Relatives/Friends of Porn Addicts
- Public Speaker on the Subject of Pornography Addiction
- Certified Life Coach through KEW Training Academy – Accredited by CTAA
How I got here…
Welcome to my attempt to turn what were the worst parts of my life into something than can hopefully help others.
My name is Joshua Shea and I am a father of two great kids and husband to a wonderful wife. We live in Central Maine. On the outside, people saw a successful magazine publisher, film festival founder and city councilor. For a long time, I hid my mental health issues, pornography and alcohol addictions from the world. In 2014, I was charged with possession of child pornography after taking a screen capture of a teen girl in an online chatroom. I served six months in jail for it in 2016.
Today, I work as a author and speaker/presenter and have several years of sobriety under my belt. My book about addiction can be found on the home page. I believe if we can begin to talk more about porn addiction and mental health, others may be able to address their addictions before they devolve to the unhealthy and criminal places where mine hit rock bottom.
Like most in recovery, I probably understand the issues better than the non-addict, but please don’t misinterpret my stories, experiences, thoughts and opinions as any definitive answers. Do I consider myself a pornography addiction expert? At this point, yes. Unfortunately, it’s not hard to be a pornography addiction expert these days. I believe what makes me a porn addict expert is that I have so much third-hand knowledge from research and meeting so many porn addicts, but I also have my personal experiences. Porn addict expert? You decide.
This site is intended to be a place where visitors can learn from my personal experiences. I’m NOT a medical expert or mental health professional. If you want better data than I can provide, check out the Resources page.
If you have any feedback, please visit the Contact page and I’m happy to provide answers, opinions and suggestions.
You may contact me directly at email@example.com